It's that time of year again...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbenkelman, Aug 30, 2013.

1. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

Being on the upgrade cycle opposite of the "S" series always makes this time of year suck! I always go into it telling myself I don't need the second generation of the current phone model but that doesn't always end up working out so well.

That graphite phone is just so beautiful...

2. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

I think for me at least, the S versions will be my future upgrade path instead of the more design change version just so the kinks can be worked out if there are any. I do like the Champagne color or sticking with the White. ;)

3. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

iPhone launches makes me feel like Christmas days in my youth!

4. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

I'm too on non S cycle, I will skip the S model this year because I'm looking forward the new retina mbp, and I don't feel the need of changing my phone right now I like the looking of the gun metal S but I hope to keep that color for the iphone 6/6S :). A friend of mine is in S cycle and I think is better going for the S, less problems and so on :)

5. blerns3 macrumors 6502

This is the first year I'm considering getting a new one consecutive years. On the fence but we'll see. And yes, even if I don't get a new one, it's like a kid waiting for a holiday to find out what his presents are haha waiting for the keynote is like that for me.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'm also on the NON S cycle and although it does kinda suck knowing I won't be getting one, the feelings go away about a week after release.. cuz then I'm getting all excited for the completely redesigned iPhone that would be coming up :D

8. blerns3 macrumors 6502

I'm hoping this is what sways me from spending the money to get a 5S at full price haha. Also, it should help that iOS 7 is such a drastic re-design that it will almost feel like a new device for a period of time.

9. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

The iPhone 5 is such a great phone, I could wait an extra year if that meant not paying $650+. Just not worth it..and this is coming from someone who has money to blow..

10. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

I'm very much on the S cycle (3GS and then 4S) but this time I'm pretty determined to save the money and stick with the 4S. I'm quite happy with the size, design and performance.

11. mr.lavender macrumors newbie

I thought I liked the graphite one, but then I thought about it and I was like, "nahh" it has an olden feel to it. It somehow reminds me of pencil lead.

And I'm not a drinker so Champagne will not work for me either.