It's time for Apple to get rid of a couple of default apps

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by ajiuo, Nov 7, 2016.

1. ajiuo macrumors 65816

The first one is obviously the Video app (actually I think TV should eventually be renamed video). They just need to add a way to view shared content directly to the TV app

I think the second app that is getting close to needing to go is the iTunes Store.. You can get most iTunes content directly in applicable apps now. The music app already has the infrastructure, They just need to enable the ability to buy music directly in the app.

Podcast can be found in the podcast app, movies and TV can be found in the TV app, books/audiobooks can be found in the book app, Messages apps can be found in the messages app, Music can be found in the music app (they just need to add the ability to buy)... all they would really need to do is add a mechanism for buying ringtones from the Settings app...

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Given that they allow users to hide system apps, Apple could not care less about integrating features like what you said.

Also note that music app does not just show purchased music or Apple Music music. It also shows local music. How do you integrate them together?

Ringtone purchase is still a one-time offer...I just don't want to elaborate.