It's time to talk about 'black privilege'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, May 30, 2017.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

"Here's some good news for all you black folks complaining about racism in America.

You don't know how good you have it.
    At least that's the message I heard during one of the strangest conversations I've ever had about race. I was talking about the concept of white privilege -- the belief that being white comes with unearned advantages and everyday perks that its recipients are often unaware of. I asked a white retiree if he believed in the existence of white privilege. He said no, but there was another type of privilege he wanted to talk about:
    "Black privilege."
    Confused by his answer, I asked him to give me an example of a perk that I enjoyed as a black man that he couldn't. His answer: "Black History Month.""

Plus, at my job, you can't be fired if you're black unless you practically kill someone.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/30/us/black-privilege/

2. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

This is by far the stupidest article I have ever read from CNN... It's almost laughable.

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

A black guy can wage endless war , kill civilians with drones , bomb DRs w/o borders , sign indefinite detention w/o trial into law , displace millions from their country through stupid terrorist actions, arm rebels as he sees fit and if you have a disagreement with it the left calls you racist
    If you say someone was a thug because they pushed their weight around and stole cigarettes and then ended up being shot by cops lefties try to call you racist. Hell in that thread it was implied that thug was the new N word

Privilege is not the right word . Hard to say what is.

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Is horse-**** the word your looking for?

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

"Black privilege" is that they are waaay cooler than whites.

Which should more than make up for all those socio-economic disadvantages.

:cool:

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Omg. There are no poor and uneducated. Caucasians. What did Hillary call them? Deplorables?

7. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Now an orange guy can do those things. Progress eh?

Also keep in mind, you can be called a thug because you're a boisterous successful athlete. Those calling you a thug, they don't see an issue. The guy being called a thug though...

"During a Wednesday press conference, Sherman was asked if "thug," a word that was used often on message boards and social media to describe the Seahawkscornerback, bothers him more than any other term.

"The reason it bothers me is because it seems like it's an accepted way of calling somebody the N-word now," he said. "It's like everybody else said the N-word and then they say 'thug' and that's fine. It kind of takes me aback and it's kind of disappointing because they know.

"What's the definition of a thug? Really? Can a guy on a football field just talking to people [be a thug?] ... There was a hockey game where they didn't even play hockey! (Laughter from the media) They just threw the puck aside and started fighting. I saw that and said, 'Ah, man, I'm the thug? What's going on here?'" (More laughter from the media). So I'm really disappointed in being called a thug," he said."

It isn't always just the left calling you racist. Not if you're intentionally using the word to dog whistle. After all in some minds the guy who got choked to death for selling loose cigs was a thug. And yes, it is believed that thug became the new 'acceptable' n - word, to avoid being called out.

http://www.npr.org/2015/04/30/403362626/the-racially-charged-meaning-behind-the-word-thug

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Orange guy is being stppped by the courts, so much for white priveledge
    Yeah SJWs want to label anyone they disagree with as racist. Thanks for proving my point

9. darksithpro macrumors regular

The only advice I can give to African Americans is take a look at the poorest crime infected cities and counties, that lack jobs, an acceptable education, and security, then look at those districts and cities and see which Political party has control. Then ask themselves and their Black piers "who is screwing who" when it comes to getting their votes. Also has it worked for them, meaning has their living conditions changed with those Political leaders in charge of their districts, they've been in control for a very long time. Hint: It isn't republicans...

10. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

WHAT?! Holy crap! The courts stopped 45 from doing drone strikes?! That is unfair!

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...t-trump-gives-cia-authority-for-drone-strikes

http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com...ikes-have-gone-up-432-since-trump-took-office

Did they tell him?

I also don't ever speak for supposed SJWs. I believe it's you who decided they call anyone racist. That was your call.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Unlike the black guy who got away with everything the courts are stepping in to try and stop the white guy , you did link where they sure like to imply it .

12. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Leave.it to you to get oboma involved but oboma got "away" with it because he is smarter then a cheeto.

13. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Is obama. Black? Yes or no? Did liberals call those criticizing obama racist? Yes or no ?
    --- Post Merged, May 30, 2017 ---
    Court did not stop the travel ban? Courts are not stepping in to stop his immigration goals?

15. ThisBougieLife macrumors 65816

ThisBougieLife

If you think Black History Month is "black privilege", you really don't understand the concept of privilege...

Honestly it's just kind of funny how people are so insulted by the insinuation that they might be privileged in some way. But really there's no way to communicate the concept to people without them turning it into "so I guess every single white person has it better than every single black person?" And once it's at that point, any hope for a discussion is over.

16. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

17. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Oh my bad. Sorry, I was going by what you posted, when you unnecessarily dragged Obama in.

All of those things are still going on. I didn't see we shifted to other things. It's been covered on the travel ban & restrictions.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...mparing-trumps-and-obamas-immigration-restri/

But you know all this.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

You picked what cheeto Hitler is still getting away with .

19. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Dude you brought up Obama in the third post here. You're obsessed with him. If you were reviewing GOTG2, you'd be like well so what if the blue guy is a dick, Obama bombed more countries than any president in history.

20. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

You dragged Obama in, claiming what he was getting away with as a minority. I thought it was fair to bring in our latest minority.

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

So whites are minorities?? This is getting good :D
    --- Post Merged, May 30, 2017 ---
    That he did, that he did.....

22. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

No it isn't. You're just being facetious. You know full well how the orange one is referred to. Nice try with the deflection.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Actually. No. Please elaborate, how is the orange one referred to?

24. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I think you've already shown more than a willingness to elaborate and extrapolate well enough for anyone so as to keep posting. You've got this covered.

If we get back on point, I'll check in.

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

There was a thread where people called him about 300 things. I don't know which of the 300 you meant or if you had your own , hence the reason I asked .