iTunes 10.5 beta stops at end of each song.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NameUndecided, Jun 11, 2011.

1. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

I haven't heard of anyone else having such an issue. I'll play a song, and then it won't follow through on the rest of the album.

The fun however bit of it is though, that this only happens with albums that I've added to my library after a certain date. I'll list all of my songs by date added, and all of the songs added after mid-September last year will have this issue (song ends, silence. Or, I skip forward, silence). All of the songs added before mid-September will play through to the next one in the list/album.
    **Playlists of songs older or new behave normally.

I'm not sure what the differentiating circumstance could possibly be. In the view that lists every one of my songs in one long list, there are checkmarks next to all titles, new and old.

Anyone else, and any ideas perhaps? I maybe just have to wait for the next build/version. Because I really do like fullscreen enough to put up with this for now.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. NameUndecided thread starter macrumors 6502a

They are. And I just unchecked and re-checked a couple of the difficult songs and it was still a no-go either way.

4. chandals macrumors newbie

i'm having an issue where i am no longer able to drag songs to created playlists or to my iphone/ipod when they are plugged into my macbook. anyone else experiencing this?

5. NameUndecided thread starter macrumors 6502a

Those aspects have been working for me perfectly well.

6. db1408 macrumors member

7. db1408 macrumors member

What you need to do is put your entire library in list view, select all, cmd click, uncheck all.

Repeat the above but check all so you go from all unchecked (unticked) back to all checked.

Try it now.

8. NameUndecided thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope. Just the same as unchecking and checking two of the troublesome songs, doing that for the whole list didn't do anything either. Thanks though! :)

9. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

If you are a developer who has the right to use iTunes 10.5 beta, then you know where to report any problems, and that isn't here.

10. NameUndecided thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is me rolling my eyes. What are you doing here when there's ample (almost limitless) opportunity for similar conversation in the Lion section of this forum? Go! Go! There are people to be lectured to, and everyone loves it!

11. biomorph macrumors newbie

I have the same issue. I deleted the library .itl file and restored it from time machine and it seems to work now. Don't know what happened to it though. It seems to work now.

12. NameUndecided thread starter macrumors 6502a

To solve another issue (Audible purchased audio didn't want to add to iTunes) I had to go to my Preferences folder in my Library folder on the Macintosh HD and set that Preferences folder to have read&write permissions open for all, and apparently this fixed this other issue as well. Rather funny. :)

13. biomorph macrumors newbie

I am having the same issues today again. I can't seem to play more than one song without clicking on each individual song. This is so annoying.

14. marban macrumors newbie

marban

i deleted a 'Temp File.tmp' file in the itunes directory and purged 'Previous iTunes Libraries', restart and next/previous track works again.