iTunes 10.6.1 and Safari 5.1.5 pulled from Apple downloads site?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by blackboxxx, Apr 19, 2012.

1. blackboxxx macrumors regular

I just tried to download the latest version of Safari and instead of 5.1.5 the Apple website is offering me 5.1.4, both for Mac OS X and Windows.
    The same thing is happening with iTunes — the version that can be downloaded at the moment is 10.6 instead 10.6.1, again for both Mac and Windows.

There were a number of cases when Apple pulled downloads due to bugs, but Safari 5.1.5 and iTunes 10.6.1 were released several weeks ago and I've been running them with no problems. However, the fact that Mac and Windows versions were pulled suggests to me that it's not a coincidence. Thoughts?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

my only guess is that Java update did something that made those 2 builds not install or function properly?

3. jmcgrath1227 macrumors newbie

problems with new itunes (I think)

Recently, my son downloaded the itunes 10.6.1 upgrade. The Safari we have is version 5.1.5 and we have the OS X 10.6.8 version

After he downloaded the itunes update, we cannot access any of the Apple websites, can't use itunes, i photo, etc. there are also some other websites that cannot be accessed but I can get on google, yahoo, espn, etc.

any help on this? any way to undo what he did? do I need to update our OS to make these work? sounds like there are bugs with these updates which is why they pulled them. thanks