iTunes 12 beta in Yosemite removed "movies" in home sharing to Apple TV

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by michial, Sep 11, 2014.

1. michial, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

michial macrumors 6502

michial

Need help. Im running Yosemite and just downloaded the beta iTunes 12.0. Ever since then it removed the "Movies" in my homesharing library I stream to my apple tv's. I have the atv2 and 3. Neither show my movies.Now on my apple tv under "Computer" It only shows "Music" and "Photos"Someone please help. I have thousands of videos I stream regularly, up until an hour ago when I installed this lame update.

2. fanta macrumors regular

Can not confirm this, my two apple tvs show movies and tv shows. maybe restart everything once?

3. michial thread starter macrumors 6502

michial

I tried that. Interesting thing is I deleted my music and now only photos show up so it must only show on the apple tv whatever is being shared. But I still have all the movies Ive always had in the movies"home videos" tab but they don't show up through sharing.

4. ACMemphis10 macrumors newbie

iTunes Movies don't appear on Apple TV

Yeah, me too. I've restarted everything 100 times... no luck. Let me know if you figure out a work around.

5. ACMemphis10 macrumors newbie

BTW... I have two iTunes Libraries connected to my AppleTV. The MBA still shows up (running Mavericks). The Mini (running Yosemite and iTunes 12) doesn't.

I can stream via AirPlay just fine. The library just doesn't show up on the AppleTV.

6. michial thread starter macrumors 6502

michial

Ive been running Yosemite since the beta with no issues. It was the iTunes beta 12.0 yesterday that hid the home movies folder. I tried adding movies into iPhoto and that didn't work either.

If anyone finds a solution please let us know. Thanks

7. michial thread starter macrumors 6502

michial