iTunes 12: How to number songs in an album?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by desertman, Mar 8, 2015.

1. desertman macrumors 6502a

In previous iTunes versions it was easily possible to determine the order of songs through numbering the songs in the "Get Info" window. In the dreadful version 12 I don't see this possibility anymore. Can somebody please tell me where this function is hidden now? Thanks.

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Scroll down, it's still there at the bottom...

3. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

Nothing's changed. You can still Get Info. You may need to scroll-up in Get Info > Details, however.

4. desertman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks.

What might be the deeper intelligence behind the decision to change an interface that worked very well without having to scroll down into something that by default hides some of its options?

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Streamlining it? I don't know. I liked being able to drag the artwork into the little box. I don't like the way it works now because it requires multiple clicks. For whatever reason I am having a hard time with my music losing the artwork too this last update.

I am happy that the details and not file info come up as default now though. I mean, do we honestly care to see that info? I know when it's something I bought off iTunes, imported from a CD, etc.

6. desertman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Agreed.

However, in general I think iTunes 12 is the most terrible piece of software that Apple ever made. I know not one single person in-between my "normal user" friends who has not difficulties to work with it, especially when it comes to control iOS devices and synchronize audio files to them.