Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iTunes 4.6 Now Available

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
iTunes 4.6 is now available as a free update via Software Update, or available for download from Apple.

iTunes 4.6 includes support for playing your music wirelessly using AirPort Express with AirTunes. It also includes a number of other minor enhancements.

This update was previously announced by Steve Jobs at the D: All things Digital Convference earlier this week.

henners

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2004

Attachments

• 4.6.jpg
    4.6.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 421
  • air.jpg
    air.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 508
Comment

PDubNYC

macrumors member
May 14, 2003
NYC
No problems

no problems at all, quick install. The only change I see is under the audio preferences, you can turn on AirTunes and it's volume settings

Comment

nacl99

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2003
AZ
pref Panel

Only change I can find.

Damnit, you beat me.

Attachments

• itunes46.gif
    itunes46.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 503
Comment

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Let's see...I'm on 28.8K, and the package is a little over 10MB. Meh, I still like the 4MB iTunes updates from back in iTunes 2. Maybe that's it.

macridah, lol. :D

Comment

xy14

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2004
Minneapolis
I guess I will just have to take out 10 hours to download it on my dial up connection.

I have a question for dial up users: how come it takes like 15 seconds before my modem starts dialing and my PeeCee takes only like 2 seconds?

I am talking about my iBook, specs below \/

Comment

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
Yay!! Finally, I've been wating since yesterday for this.

No problem with iTunes on this computer with 4,100+ songs ( :D ).

Comment

ingenious

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I am strongly considering getting an Airport Express now! It will greatly benefit my network, and I love that music streaming feature!

Comment

porky

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2003
BELGIUM
Wow, i'm only getting sick of all that beautifull software on my slooow Powerbook 667. I NEED A G5! (At a lower price for sure). Greetings from Belgium :D

Comment

nacl99

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2003
AZ
Eurpoe

Anyone want to start digging into this release to find anything about Itunes Europe? I imagine there is something useful in there.

Comment

FelixDerKater

macrumors 68030
Apr 12, 2002
Nirgendwo in Amerika
Dialup Users

Dialup users are not the target market of iTMS. It is not the fault of Apple that you have dialup. Simple economics say that you upgrade your connection and pay the difference for cost vs. speed.

Comment

BKB

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2003
FelixDerKater said:
Dialup users are not the target market of iTMS. It is not the fault of Apple that you have dialup. Simple economics say that you upgrade your connection and pay the difference for cost vs. speed.

In my experience, there is no such thing as simple economics. Economics is by definition the science of complicating the very simple. ;)

Comment

cmoney

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2002
jeffgarden said:
If you used hymn to remove DRM from songs from iTMS they will NOT PLAY in the new iTunes 4.6 !!!

ah touche apple, touche. i guess it's back to my drm'd files then. itms has been losing its appeal lately though, with CDs at bestbuy going for $9.99 when released. plus i can get either frequent flier miles through continental or bestbuy's frequent buyer program miles when i buy through bestbuy.

Comment

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Updates are always good. Thank you Apple for making it free. :)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.