iTunes 7.5 - How to change song info so that song shows as an audiobook?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by choxie, Jan 10, 2008.

1. choxie macrumors newbie

I have imported an audiobook from eMusic. I now have 478 files that don't belong in my music catalog (2 min sections of the audiobook). I can't seem to find information on how to change the categorization of the files so that iTunes will recognize them as audiobook instead of music. Even comparing other audiobook files through the info window and the tags gives me no clues. Help! Please!

2. MichaelAlderete macrumors newbie

Your best bet is a $10 application called Audiobook Builder, from Splasm Software. Especially if you're going to stick with Emusic, with the ridiculous number of files in a single book, you're going to want this tool.

Doug Adams's Join Together AppleScript application will do most of the same thing, though not quite as elegantly. But, it's free.

Finally, if you need a free solution that only uses iTunes, you can follow the directions in my article about Importing MP3 CD audiobooks into iTunes. Skip the first few steps, which are for MP3 files on CD, and simply drag the MP3 files into the iTunes Library, and then start with step #5.

I've also added a great deal of information about getting iTunes to recognize tracks as "true" audiobooks in my FAQs about Audiobooks and iTunes.