iTunes 9 doesn't play podcasts in order anymore - just individually?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by applemax, Apr 3, 2010.

1. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Hi

For some reason, my iTunes only plays podcasts individually. Older versions would just play all the episodes you have in order but now I have to manually play each one. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks :)

2. Atomike macrumors member

From what I've seen, Apple doesn't really care, or test the ipod for podcasts. I don't think any of the engineers or software writers listen to podcasts, and it's been pretty clear from the beginning that they don't really want to support them on the ipod.
    Ipods are really only for music. If you like podcasts, my best advice to you is to never buy an ipod.
    Currently, I fight with amazingly long smart playlists filled with "does not contain" lines - to simply get a list that deletes on-the-fly properly.
    Ipods are not podcast friendly - and I don't think they ever will be. Sorry.

3. dbtwin28 macrumors newbie

dbtwin28

Just create a playlist, either in iTunes or on your iPod.

iTunes: You DO NOT have to add each podcast one by one, just drag the entire album to playlist in iTunes.

iPod: On the Go, just click and hold the center button on the desired podcast album and all podcast will be sent to a playlist.

4. applemax thread starter macrumors 65816

applemax

I don't want a playlist. I want iTunes to play my podcasts, each episode in order without stopping after each one. I used to be able to do this in iTunes 8 - why did they take this feature out?