iTunes 99p Film of the Week [UK]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Shaun.P, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

I think it would be a good idea to post the iTunes 99p film of the week, every week, where someone can post a trailer for the film, and where we can discuss if the film is good or not.

I don't know if there is a 99c film of the week in the US iTunes Store, but if there is, feel free to make a similar thread for that.

Jumanji

[​IMG]

I watched this on Wednesday. A brilliant film I remember it from my childhood. Robin Williams is one of my favourite actors, so it was more than worth the 99p rental!

Thoughts?

I will update this thread as and when the new 99p film comes out each week, or someone else can do it if I'm too slow!

2. Shaun.P thread starter macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

This weeks 99p film of the week is "Man in the Iron Mask" [1998].

RottenTomatoes Rating: 31%

Released 1998 - Oscar-nominated Randall Wallace (Braveheart) made his directorial debut with this adaptation of the 1848 classic by Alexandre Dumas (1802-70), featuring Leonardo DiCaprio in a dual role. Years have passed since the Three Musketeers, Aramis (Jeremy Irons), Athos (John Malkovich), and Porthos (Gerard Depardieu) fought together with their friend D’Artagnan (Gabriel Byrne). The arrogant, tyrannical King Louis XIV (Leonardo DiCaprio) desires the beautiful Christine (Judith Godreche), so he orders her suitor Raoul (Peter Sarsgaard), the son of Athos, off to face death at the front. He also sends Aramis to kill the leader of a Jesuit rebellion. Louis is unaware that his loyal protector and informant, D’Artagnan, is the secret lover of his mother, Queen Anne (Anne Parillaud). Louis’ younger twin brother, Philippe (also DiCaprio) is the man in the iron mask, imprisoned for the past six years. Arthos and Porthos plan to free Philippe, abduct Louis and replace him by putting Philippe on the throne. French location scenes include the Chateau de Fontainbleau.

I haven't seen this before. Any recommendations?

3. Shaun.P thread starter macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

This weeks 99p film of the week is "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" [1977].