iTunes adds every song twice.... :( Anyone know how to fix it?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gloor, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Gloor macrumors 6502a

Hi,
    every time I import or add a song to iTunes it always appears twice there. I have only 1 account on this computer and that is me. I also have my iTouch that is synced with the itunes but can't add all my music as its there twice.

When I go to "show duplicates" option it doesn't even see it that those songs are there twice. Anyone knows how to fix it?

Thanks

2. Gloor thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've also noticed that if I go to my user/music/itunes/itunes music then if I look in a cd folder lets say bob marley then i can see that the songs are there twice but if i have a name like IRON.mp3 then the second one is IRON 1.mp3

Why does it do that?

3. ddoonie macrumors regular

This may be a long shot, but what use to happen to me, before i realized... when i was adding an album, i would just drop the folder, and get duplicates. I realized later that there was an m3u file in there (playlist), so the m3u added the playlist, and i added the actual files (in effect adding it twice).

4. glasserp macrumors regular

I can confirm that adding the m3u file will add the mp3s twice.

5. tekachen macrumors newbie

just figured this one out today... thank you bloc party... thank you windows for search *.m3u... i wonder any other playlist files that do this too?