Itunes Album Art Disaapearing when i play the song! help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Etheallmighty16, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Etheallmighty16 macrumors newbie

I am new on these forums so if there are a bunch of threads about this already, try to go easy on me:eek:

ok so I have been gradually getting album artwork for my 1500 songs for about a month or so, and am about half way. When I scroll through my itunes (using the format that you can see the list of songs below and the artwork above it)

the songs that I've already found art for are all there, but when I double click one of those songs to play it, it dissapears!!...I've searched a little around the internet and have seen problems similar to this, but it's so weird that the art does not dissapear until I play the song.

it has taken a long time to find all of this art (using art finding programs as well as manually finding them myself) so it would be a big pain to have to find them all again!

Help/ any Suggestions???

2. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

'Coverflow' is were you can scroll through the artwork / covers.
    The Artwork showing at the top belongs to the track selected below in the track list and not necessarily the track that is playing.

You can double click the artwork or the track to play it or select the track and use return.

If you right click 'get info' on the track is the artwork showing? if not you can drag and drop it on the page under the 'Artwork' tab.

3. chrisinlondon macrumors newbie

i have been having the same problem, since a couple of updates back. it just went crazy today and hundreds of covers are disappearing. it took me days and days to find artwork for all the 12" rips i made - grrrr!

there is some hope though! i use Native Instruments Traktor DJ software. the new version added the ability to see the itunes library and artwork, and it all shows up - so it's all still on my machine somewhere...

please let me know if you find out anything more on this horrible bug - i need my artwork back in itunes.