itunes album art now the size of a freaking thumbnail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobright, Sep 1, 2010.

1. bobright macrumors 601

is there anyway to change this, are you serious???

the album art is now the size of a fu*king icon and its pisssing me off

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

5. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Huh, so we can change the size...

how are you getting that option (btw im not on a mac pissy windows maybe thats why i cant find it LOL)

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

on a mac, you click on the double up and down arrow. I'm not sure if the Windows version would have the same icon or not.

[​IMG]

7. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

thanks turns out i was already on medium though and large is still small as heck

what the hell were they thinking? with all the 22" 24" and even bigger monitors out there i mean seriously this is a huge fail

edit: not sure how hard it is but i am strongly considering downgrading

8. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Just switch back to the regular list view in the top right hand corner and stop complaining

9. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

NO and what good does that do genius

10. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

This feature is new so how is the art smaller than before?

11. tehe chalkman macrumors newbie

tehe chalkman

The moment I read the title I remembered how angry I was that my album artwork is no longer huge. I miss it :(

I changed the size to large but its still no good. Not worth downgrading but I really hope apple addresses this in the next update.

12. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

theirs only one way Apple can address this in a future update, voice your opinion.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

13. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

14. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

its been around since iTunes 8...they just made it very hard to find in iTunes 9

15. shandyman Suspended

this hybrid view is a new feature of iTunes 10, so dunno what you're going on about... it was a way to enhance the normal list view that most people lived in, as stated by steve jobs at the media event, go watch the video if you don't believe me....

16. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

No, it really isn't new...I've been using it for a long time. In fact, it's been there since iTunes 7, which came out in 2006.

[​IMG]

17. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Its a modified version of the old version, any albums in iTunes 10 that has less than 5 tracks, it won't show the album cover.

[​IMG]

18. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Ok, so for those that don't like it and want the old view back, how do they get there? (I haven't upgraded yet and don't have iTunes on the laptop I'm typing this on).

19. globalist macrumors 6502a

Menu-> View -> Always Show Artwork

As for the size, yes it's quite effed up. But what bothers me the most is they moved the album and artist name from below the artwork to THE LEFT of it... WTF? Wasting&contracting space, much??

20. miknos macrumors 6502a

miknos

New Icon. I'm more used to the old one but I understand why Jobs chose it. Doesn't make sense to have a CD if they're selling more digital downloads. If YOU want, you can easily use the old icon (changing the .icns file inside the app).

List icons: Many people doesn't like the grey-only icons. It looks more "clean" but I find it easier to find what I want with the colored ones. You can change it if YOU want.

Traffic Light buttons: You get a few more pixels of space but now it's (a little) harder to move the window around. Again, YOU can change it with a simple terminal command.

Now what about the bloody micro-size artwork? Just like it was said, many people have 20+ inch screens. Mine is 13' but my album covers are at least 500x500 pixels. Now the biggest is 200px? WTF?

Seems like Apple is pushing things before testing it properly. Now Apple is working like many other crap companies, filling software with new (crap) features f@cking the good ones.
    Browsing looks faster but less smooth than version 9.2. maybe they disabled Vsync?

21. alFR macrumors 68020

Sweet, didn't realise that - now with the power of google I have my old UI appearance back. Cheers!

22. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Thanks! That was driving me crazy!!!!

23. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

QFT what the hell Apple

24. miknos, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

miknos macrumors 6502a

miknos

Any news if Apple fix it in 10.1?

I reverted to version 9 but someday I'll have to update it.

Put a screenshot so who's using iTunes 10 can compare. The second one is 9.2.1 with version 8 skin.

Attached Files:

25. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

My iTunes 9 does not look like that. I have 9.1 on Windows here and it's got the small icon, just like in 10.

And, just to clarify, I AM talking about the GRID view after I double-clicked on the album. (Which is what you're showing with your screenshot.)

(Some people here have been talking gout the "Album List" view which is new to iTunes 10 so, yeah, those people are confused. It never existed before so that mode can't be compared to 9.)