Itunes all of sudden can't read my Iphone (wants me to restore/update)

eclipse01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
is there anything I can do to fix this so I don't have to do either?

its is a jailbroken iphone on 5.0.1 if that helps

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
A jailbroken device far out weighs the very limited issues one may have with a jailbroken device IMHO.
I ageee with u for the most part. But for those that JB without any advanced knowledge of how to handle issues that may arise, it becomes very frustrating. Not saying that the OP doesn't know what he's doing, but he's obviously frustrated by not being able to fix the issue. I know my stuff and I still don't JB. I'm fine with what stock iOS has to offer. But that's just me. And I also understand there are a ton of people who JB and never have a problem. To each his own.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
A jailbroken device far out weighs the very limited issues one may have with a jailbroken device IMHO.
I agree in the extant that if I had an iPad/Pod I'd JB in a second. For my main communications device including my only phone line I'm simply not willing to have random things go wrong like that.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
I agree in the extant that if I had an iPad/Pod I'd JB in a second. For my main communications device including my only phone line I'm simply not willing to have random things go wrong like that.
This. I've had bad experience with issues related to jailbreaking, an my main phone is not a device I want to have issues with. It just doesn't seem it worth it for me to risk not being able to use it as intended simply because I wanted to customize something that doesn't matter that much.

eclipse01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
:rolleyes:

all these reply... this is why I "re asked" this question in the hacks section.

the issue I had, had nothing to do with jailbreaking from what I found out, my itunesDBS file was corrupted.

but thanks for all the helpful replys in this thread ;)