itunes and home sharing .... I was so hoping for the mini to

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by bergmef, Dec 5, 2016.

1. bergmef macrumors 6502a

I hate to say it but I had to replace my old mac mini (2009) with a new one. I was so hoping new mini's would have been released last month. I have 2 issues that I wonder if anyone in the ATV group can answer since they kind of apple to tv shows.

1. In iTunes 12.4+, is there any way to show tv shows in list view? All I get is artwork

2. Home sharing on the new mac (sierra) keeps dropping/disconnecting or appears to be off even though it says it's on. I have to turn off home sharing and turn it back on and then reboot the ATV (4) ... every day. Seems to do it with the atv3 also

OK a third question ... how the heck do you search the forums? A cannot find a search anywhere.

Thanks,
    Frank

2. Zandery macrumors member

1. View > View As > List.

2. I'd presume it is your internal network, reset the router and reconnect the devices, sometimes a simple reset works wonders.

3. bergmef thread starter macrumors 6502a

I unfortunately don't have view > view as > list ... when it comes to tv shows. I can view songs that way but tv shows is all artwork.

I did take everything down but I'm going to try again this afternoon.

4. Rigby macrumors 601

Check the firewall settings on the Mac. Make sure that "block all incoming connections" is not enabled, and "Allow built-in software to receive incoming connections" is. Also make sure that the Mac is not sleeping. While the Apple TV can in theory wake up a sleeping Mac, it isn't always reliable.

Regarding the list view, it's defintely available for TV shows. You can also use the episode view.

5. priitv8 macrumors 68020

I get a list view selecting "Episodes" on the sidebar.
    Forum searh is the magnifying glass icon just below the notifications flag in upper rigt corner. Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 08.23.45.PNG Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 08.25.50.PNG