iTunes app area not matching all my iPhone apps (free or paid)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TimothyB, Aug 8, 2008.

1. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

What's with this. Several apps I've installed directly on my iPhone are not showing up in my applications section for iTunes 7.7 and using 2.0 iPhone

Paid apps: Tilt Me, Circulate, Sudoku Classic (dled when free),

Fee apps: Sol Free; Sudoku Daily; vSnax;

Just to name some. Hard to tell with a quick glance, since the app section in iTunes has different icons and or names.

Why, after manys syncs and backups, with all applications se for sync, have those not show up.

I needed to switch my app sync to only sync selected apps, so I can remove ones I don't need for now. But now I'm worried the ones that are not in the list, but on my iPhone, will be deleted after choosing what I can.

I've heard of updates not matching between iPhones, but not actual entire apps missing.

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

try 'transferring purchases' from the file menu

3. TimothyB thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks.

I guess when I first got the iPhone and when it asked to transfer apps or delete them when syncing, I thought when I clicked a check box to not ask again that it would just auto transfer them from there on.

Is there a way for it to always do this, or ask when syncing again?

And being new to iTunes, it's a little confusing where that simple command was. I was looking around by right clicking Applications on the left, or looking around the apps areas, like where it has get updates and such.

Speaking of updates, don't know why it says I have 5 updates, but none when I go to do it.