iTunes app store workaround?

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by mdwsta4, Jan 10, 2019.

1. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

I still haven't upgraded to Mojave simply because I prefer the previous 'business' iTunes that kept the app store. Have I missed an update or workaround that allows users to retain this function?

I looked back a few pages and used the search function, but could not find an answer.

2. mikzn macrumors 6502a

mikzn

I am assuming you mean iTunes 12.6.5

According to this link - Deploy apps in a business environment with iTunes - "This version of iTunes is not compatible with macOS Mojave"

I have been hoping this would not be the case, but it is starting to feel like managing apps and updating iOS apps on iOS devices from the mac is a thing of the past :(

3. CoastalOR macrumors 68020

CoastalOR

There is a "workaround", but it is not free. A 3rd party app, iMazing, supports downloading the iOS app to your Mac.
    iMazing App Management:
    https://imazing.com/ios-app-management

4. mdwsta4 thread starter macrumors 65816

Correct. That's a bummer. Such a PITA to download the same app on 4 different devices rather than downloading it on one device (laptop) and syncing it with everything else.

I'll have to look into that app, thank you. Do you currently use it? How do you like it compared to the built-in app manage feature of itunes?

5. mikzn macrumors 6502a

mikzn

6. CoastalOR macrumors 68020

CoastalOR

Yes, I use it and it works great. I tested the app management feature and it worked fine, though I do not use that feature normally since I do not have many iOS devices to update (2 iPhones) and I did not want to waste drive space on my MBP. I use iMazing regularly for making backups, restores, and iOS updates.