iTunes App Synching question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Angelo921, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Angelo921 macrumors 6502

I currently have my iPhone 4 to sync all my apps to iCloud and to iTunes. I want to stop it from synching to iTunes however when I uncheck the option in iTunes i get a message warning me "are you sure you dont want to sync apps? All existing apps and their data on the iphone will be removed".

If i uncheck the synching apps in iTunes does that mean once the sync is done all my apps on my iPhone will be gone and if so how would I get them all back from iCloud without having to do a restore from backup?

Thank you
    Angelo

2. Monssef macrumors member

If you go to app store in your phone, look In the update section u see in top purchased option. Anything you downloaded either free or paid games, apps ull see there.

3. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

right now when i went into the update section it shows which apps are installed and the ones that i dont currently have installed show the iCloud symbol next to them. If I were to remove the option in iTunes for synching apps and then they get deleted from my iPhone, wont all the apps in the update section then have the iCloud symbol? If thats the case would I have to go through them 1 by 1 and remember if I had that app on my iPhone or had deleted it and download them all again?

4. CLcosta macrumors newbie

iTunes could not backup iPhone 4s , iPad 2

Since i update the iTunes 10.5.2 , an error appear when i sync iPhone 4s and iPad 2 ,
    ITUNES CANNOT BACKUP , BECAUSE IPHONE/IPAD DISCONNECT .
    Who can help me ???????I call apple express lane several times they reinstall my LION AND ITUNES and the problem continuous ...

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I suggest starting a new thread for your question to get more views since it isn't applicable to this thread.

6. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

I totally agree with PNutts :)

----------

bump....

right now when i went into the update section it shows which apps are installed and the ones that i dont currently have installed show the iCloud symbol next to them. If I were to remove the option in iTunes for synching apps and then they get deleted from my iPhone, wont all the apps in the update section then have the iCloud symbol? If thats the case would I have to go through them 1 by 1 and remember if I had that app on my iPhone or had deleted it and download them all again?