iTunes art and transferring music to new MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dogtanian, Oct 30, 2007.

1. dogtanian macrumors 6502

dogtanian

Hey, just taken delivery of my new MBP and intend to get around 15GB of music from my Powerbook G4 to said MBP.

Now I love using coverflow in iTunes so I've added a lot of album art to songs etc. If I simply transfer the physical .m4a, .m4p and .mp3 files across, I'm guessing the album art isn't going to follow. How would I transfer the art across with the tracks without messing everything up?

I'll be connecting via firewire and just transferring everything that I need manually.

Hope someone could pass on their advice :p

Cheers guys! (<<I'm British it means thanks!)

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Just move your entire music folder

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Did you add the artwork in iTunes, if thats the case they should be apart of the files

If you have a new MBP it will have Leopard(?)If that is the case when you navigate the files the artwork is displayed right there as a thumbnail.

4. dogtanian thread starter macrumors 6502

dogtanian

just moving my music folder completely makes sense. It seems straight forward but unfortunately I've messed up my music folder so my iTunes on the Powerbook needs to rebuild the library etc and its still not finding all the songs on there.

I was hoping to start afresh. Could I move the individual song files (I've done some smart searches for all of them) then move the album art folder over (Wherever that is) to the relevant location?

It does come with Leopard yeah, I'm not doing the 'switch over' till tomorrow as I'm awaiting a new 250GB hard drive to install.