iTunes Canada - June 15th too?

DJMad

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2004
Seattle
It would be nice but at the same time I don't understand the canadains complaining about Europe before them. Population of Europe 400million, population of Canada 30million. Just think about it.

dho

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2003
California
OK people its wwdc month.

A mjor rumor each day untill wwdc :)

good news, lets hope its true.

After canada and europe, what would he next move likely be?

joshbuddy

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2002
Its about time...

its really sad that pure tracks and napster got the jump on itunes. but i'm just happy it might be finally happy. i'll be rather disappointed (some more) if it doesn't happen.

*j*

Chealion

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Aboot damn time

I hope this is true. *crosses fingers*

And if the Flames win the Stanley Cup too, I think I'll be in heaven. Apple take my money I want my music.

RealityMonster

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2003
DJMad said:
It would be nice but at the same time I don't understand the canadains complaining about Europe before them. Population of Europe 400million, population of Canada 30million. Just think about it.
Absolutely true. However, Canada has a lot of things going for it from Apple's perspective.

1) We're a hugely wired country. Lots of people have broadband.
2) Per capita, Canadians download (illegally) a lot of music. That's a lot of people that might be willing to end their wicked ways.
3) We're close to American pop culture. Music that sells Stateside should sell pretty well here, too.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
Macrumors said:
One source provides evidence that iTunes Canada will also launch alongside iTunes Europe on June 15th.
What kind of evidence? And if it's actually evidence, why is this just a page 2?

Jim_N_Tonik

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2004
RealityMonster said:
2) Per capita, Canadians download (illegally) a lot of music. That's a lot of people that might be willing to end their wicked ways.
The problem here is that it's actually legal for us to share music, so there shouldn't be as much incentive to switch. We're already paying the levy, so why pay more to get it from iTunes when limewire will work just as well?

Regardless, I really hope iTunes opens up in Canada soon, I think that it would do pretty well.

- Jim

Trowaman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2003
CD: TX-14
Calebj14 said:
Japan?!?! :rolleyes:
Drat, beat me too it.

I would suspect other Eurpoean countries will be waiting to join in as well. The Netherlands, Switzerland, Spain, Germany (They're out on the first three correct?)

but yeah definatly Japan, THEY HAVE A FLAGSHIP STORE*!!!!

*flagship store does not contain music for purchase, sorry.

Windowlicker

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
Finland
don't live in canada, but as an european citizen I know how it feels to wait for these great apple products..

now the only thing I really hope for the itms is that the price tag wouldn't be 1,29..

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
I think once they have Europe up and running - they should focus on Australia...

think BIG Apple - think conquering continents...
ok - I appreciate we are only a small market - and a long way away...
but we really really want iTMS!

Shagrat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
London
MIssed the boat?

Sadly I think ITMS for Europe, or more specifically in the UK (Hey I live here, so why shouldn't I complain about the wait), may be too little (or rather too much, in terms of price) and too late. Apple has always seemed to care little for any other market apart from the US, and consequently has a very small profile over here.
I think Apple wil have a big fight on it's hands if it is going to match the success that ITMS has had in the States, especially if the prices are as the rumours suggest.

Well, we'll have to wait and see, but if we wait too much longer, ITMS europe will probably just be an also-ran.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Washington, DC
If anything, I hope the iTMS makes it to Japan, and I hope Japan's catalog is available to State-side folks (or European/Canadian/whatever-ian folks). Mmmm, J-Pop and anime music goodness.

--Cless

SeanMcg

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
Don't think the boatr has sailed yet.

Shagrat said:
Sadly I think ITMS for Europe, or more specifically in the UK (Hey I live here, so why shouldn't I complain about the wait), may be too little (or rather too much, in terms of price) and too late. Apple has always seemed to care little for any other market apart from the US, and consequently has a very small profile over here.
Well, we'll have to wait and see, but if we wait too much longer, ITMS europe will probably just be an also-ran.
I would contend that any business will focus their resources on the areas that will bring the greatest return on investment. In this case, they had to make a decision on how many armies of lwayers to deal with at a time, RIAA or all of their equivalents in Europe and elsewhere. Proving the concept in a country that has the resources to support it will only make their negotiations easier.

As for too little, too late: if this article at MacCentral is right, then there is a large built-in base of people in the UK waiting for ITMS because of iPod compatibility.

morespce54

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2004
Around the World
Nice

What a hellova good news!...
It's about time (before it's too late for the market share :) )!!!

The 15th would be awsome 'cause it's also the release date for the new B-Boys' album!!!!

jettredmont

macrumors 68030
Jul 25, 2002
dho said:
After canada and europe, what would he next move likely be?

Sub-saharan Africa! Come on, you gotta give music to sub-saharan Africa!!!

Seriously, it would be logical by population to target Asia in general, Japan and China in particular, next. China's a bit of a sore spot to the music (and movie) industry, though, so I don't know how soon that would happen, if ever. But Japan would be the next biggie.

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Jim_N_Tonik said:
The problem here is that it's actually legal for us to share music, so there shouldn't be as much incentive to switch. We're already paying the levy, so why pay more to get it from iTunes when limewire will work just as well?

Regardless, I really hope iTunes opens up in Canada soon, I think that it would do pretty well.

- Jim
actually, it's legal for us to leech, but not to upload

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.