iTunes converting ó to Ú, é to È, í to ì, á to -, ç to Á, ã to „ â to , ü to , ...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cube, Jul 26, 2008.

1. cube macrumors G4

There seems to be something wrong with the latest version of iTunes. When you play an song with ó in the album name, it converts it to Ú.

EDIT: Now I notice it also changes é to È in the track name, í to ì in the artist name, á to - in the composer name. Also: ç to Á, ã to „ â to , ü to ,
    It seems all diacriticals are broken.

ä seems not to be broken

2. cube thread starter macrumors G4

And now I notice the search function in iTunes is wrong. It ignores accents, so it is useless to check for such bugs in the library.

iTunes (app) is not Google. Apple, please provide a proper search function.

3. cube thread starter macrumors G4

This sucks almost as bad as iTunes switching to Hebrew. Now if iTunes gets to play any of this kind of tracks, it messes them up, so it should be used only in a very controlled way.

4. cube thread starter macrumors G4

5. cube thread starter macrumors G4

Well, this is great. Doing "Get Info" on a song also messes up the letters.

But after repairing them, they don't get messed up again.

6. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

Look at the bright side

But at least you can use iTunes 7.7 with mobileme, which has been very reliable (sarcasm).

On a serious note, this is what happens when there is a monopoly. No quality control and lack of respect for customers. What is the next update going to bring, I wonder.

7. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

Man, I thought my gf's Apple TV had gremlins or something before I saw this thread... Whenever she plays anything by Tiësto, the artist name in ATV gets turned into "Tilsto" or somethin' like that. It's weird in that it doesn't change all of her Tiësto tracks, just ones she is currently playing, or has played. Makes it a PITA b/c those songs get moved out of her playlist since the artist name changes. Now that I know there appears to be a universal issue, guess we'll just have to wait 'til Apple issues a fix... BTW, all her music is synced to the ATV hard drive... She doesn't actually use iTunes on her Mac for anything other than managing ATV content/streaming.

8. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

I suffered from this bug, too (OS X 10.4, iTunes 7.7), but the latest update, 7.7.1, seems to have fixed it for me. A couple of my songs even fixed themselves when I played them, but most I had to go and manually change. However, they appear to be staying that way, which is definitely good.

If only there were a better search function so I could be sure I got all of my songs fixed...

9. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

GF just called me to say she updated iTunes to 7.7.1, but ATV still messes-up foreign (meaning, non-English characters like the umlaut). Guess we'll have to wait 'til the next ATV update.