iPod touch itunes freezes with ios 9 on my ipod after adding pictures to it

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by robmadden1, Jun 9, 2015.

1. robmadden1 macrumors member

Is anyone else having this issue with itunes freeezing after you click on the iphone/ipod icon in itunes?

2. antmit macrumors newbie

Yep, although it didn't happen as soon as I installed iOS 9.0b1. It was fine, but just recently it's started every time, including b2. In order to install the full download (didn't wait for the OTA as I wanted a clean install) I had to erase all content and settings before iTunes let me click the icon and choose the restore. I tried all the usual things like different user accounts and safe modes / new libraries etc, to no avail. Up to date version of iTunes, the only possible thing being the fact it's a beta iOS and a beta OS X (El Capitan).

Once I got my initial install and sync of all my apps, it's gone back to the same issue of crashing iTunes.

3. TefaTBob macrumors newbie

TefaTBob

Yep, same here, doesn't matter what computer I plug it into either, causes any iTunes to hang

4. TefaTBob macrumors newbie

TefaTBob

Someone mentioned this is fixed if you install the El Capitan beta. Installing tonight and testing.

5. antmit macrumors newbie

I am on EC b2 and the problem seemed to follow me.

6. TefaTBob macrumors newbie

TefaTBob

Yeah, still hangs after upgrading to EC...

7. TefaTBob macrumors newbie

TefaTBob

Oh Apple dev relations... in my bug report for this, they ask me to send them the stackshot logs....which require syncing with iTunes to get...o_O haha

8. TefaTBob macrumors newbie

TefaTBob