iTunes freezing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dima470, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Dima470 macrumors regular

Dima470

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Everytime I plug my iPhone 4 5.0.1 into my Mac, iTunes will open up and recognize my fone. As soon as it gets to preparing to sync stage, iTunes freezes and remains unresponsive for around 20 minutes. Then it will finally unfreeze and sync. It happens everytime. It doesn't sync anything to my fone correctly. I have reinstalled iTunes and cleared all the preference files so I have no idea why this is happening. I was on the Phone with apple for 2 hours with no result. Anybody please provide me with a helpful fix? Thank you

2. iphonedeals macrumors newbie

Re: iTunes Freezing

iTunes Sync and Freezing issues are very old issues and whenever some new iOS is applied in an iPhone, it is usually seen that it get some sort of problems with the iTunes. You should uninstall iTunes application, remove all its preferences files and run the Disk Utility once to ensure that everything is alright in Mac. If some problems were detected, repair them using the Disk Utility. Also on the other hand, there can be problem present in iPhone too that cause freezing issue. Since the iTunes is not properly working, its time to use some other application like File Transfer iPhone and transfer all your necessary data from iPhone to your computer at a safe location (preferrably in different volume). Once done, restore the iPhone, then download the latest available iTunes version from Apple's website ( http://www.apple.com/itunes ). Do the iTunes Installation and then try to sync iPhone with iTunes Again. If everything works fine, transfer previously transferred iphone files back to iPhone.

hope it helps! :cool:

3. Dima470 thread starter macrumors regular

Dima470

4. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

If you are on iOS 5 or later, you can use iCloud to back up your PHONE.

5. tattaglia macrumors newbie

My itunes opens and freezes

When I open itunes it frezees and display the message "getting acces to itunes store". I unistall it and install it again, and keeps doing the same thing. I have a pc windows 7. Any help?