iTunes gift card...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Jan 4, 2012.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Got one for Christmas is it easy to use the money for games and apps? Do you just put a code in? It says you do it through iTunes but doesn't it need to work in the app store?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

That Gift Card will work in iTunes, App Store, iBookstore and the Mac App Store.

3. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

What do you need to click on in the app store to get it to work code wise?

4. pjo macrumors regular

look for the "redeem" link right under sign in.

5. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

The credit gets loaded into whatever account you were logged into when you redeemed. You can then use that credit as long as you are logged into that account when you buy items from any of the 'Stores' (whether it's on your iDevice, iTunes, Mac App Store, etc).

Specifically, in the Mac App Store, you can find the links you want on the right side, below the 'feature' box.

6. psxguru macrumors 6502a

Fire up iTunes or the Mac App store, on the homepage - click redeem on the right hand side quick links.

7. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

8. walie macrumors 6502a

careful Gamer123423, I heard that the battery life of you iPhone goes waaaaaaay down if you use a gift card!

true story.

9. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I find it interesting that there are some gift cards that are labeled to be specific for apps, music, books, etc when it really doesn't work that way. It pretty much all goes into your account and you can buy whatever you want with that money in your account. However, I actually have never purchased or known anyone that have purchased a gift card that had a specific digital download of an album with a dollar value. I assume the code automatically starts the download of the album like the digital copy of the videos before that stupid, ridiculous ultraviolet.