iTunes Has iPhone Amnesia

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hosier.david, Dec 8, 2011.

1. hosier.david macrumors newbie

I was doing a WiFi sync to iTunes the other day with my iPhone 4 over a flaky WiFi signal. I got some errors while it was trying to sync up some app updates saying that some things couldn't be updated. Then the next time I connected my iPhone to my laptop, iTunes no longer recognizes my iPhone. iTunes says, "This computer has previously been synced with an iPhone or another iOS device.", and it's asking me to set it up as a new phone or restore from some two-month-old backup (last backup before switching to iCloud backups).

So I restored from the old backup and was dissatisfied with that since I lost two months worth of Angry Birds progress. :) But at least iTunes recognized my phone again. Then I tried restoring from my iCloud backup which had been backed up after this problem occurred. After doing this, iTunes is back to not recognizing my iPhone.

Has anyone ever experienced such a thing? Any ideas on how I can get iTunes to recognize my phone again without restoring from the old backup and losing two months worth of stuff?

2. cheef macrumors newbie

Hi, did you get any other help with this? I'm in the same boat and wondering if there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks.

3. iipeeweex macrumors newbie

iipeeweex

are you using a mac or a PC?
    either way try connecting your iphone to your computer and then restarting it
    iTunes should auto detect an iphone connected
    -if not try, dissconnecting it and reconnecting it..

what model iphone? Software version? obv.. iOS 5 and what version of iTunes?