iTunes/iCloud: No purchased music available to download

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mprofit, Jun 11, 2011.

1. mprofit macrumors regular

mprofit

Since iCloud's introduction on Monday I've tried to view my purchased music on my iPad in the iTunes application. Although I've downloaded music from iTunes on my computer, it's telling me that I "do not have any purchased music available to download." I'm able to see purchased apps from the App Store application though.

I thought it might be an issue with not having the latest version of iTunes, so a few minutes ago I updated to iTunes 10.3.1 on my computer, and when I visit the "Purchased" page on the iTunes Store I'm greeted with the same message that I get on my iPad. And just like on my iPad, I'm able to view/download purchased Apps and Books if I want.

I know iCloud is still in Beta, but Apple's iTunes page on their website (and the keynote on Monday) gave me the impression that the feature allowing you to access purchased music is currently available. If this is the case, what's the issue on my part?

2. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

On the iPad open iTunes select the purchased tab at the bottom then tap the tab at the top that says "not on this iPad" it should populate with music purchased and not on your iPad. Be sure to tap all songs in the left pane then it will show them all in the right pane to download.

3. mprofit thread starter macrumors regular

mprofit

Both the "All music" and "Not on this iPad" tabs yield the same result, no songs show up and I get the "no music available for download" error message. Same story with iTunes on my computer.

4. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I forgot to ask? Did you go to Setting/Store on the iPad and enable everything?

5. SteinMaster macrumors 6502

SteinMaster

I'm also using iTunes 10.3.1 and downloaded two songs yesterday on my Mac. I checked my iPhone this morning, which has the latest iOS version, and the songs were not synched. I set my iPhone store preferences so all information is automatically synched. I checked Apple support and they did not have a troubleshooting step to address this.

6. SteinMaster macrumors 6502

SteinMaster

Never mind. I forgot I had to reset my iPhone and it turned off the store iCloud synching. Once I turned everything back on, my songs downloaded.

7. john1620b macrumors member

I also have no music to download, even though I've made purchases before. In my case, I think it might have to do with changing the e-mail address associated with the account. The songs are still show the old e-mail address in their info section, and I'm thinking maybe Apple hasn't accounted for that (yet)?

I've had trouble with something similar before, trying to authorize another computer to play songs that were tied to an old Apple ID that I'd since changed the e-mail address on. It was impossible to do, even after it said it had been authorized.

8. mprofit thread starter macrumors regular

mprofit

I don't have music, apps or books enabled in Settings because I don't want them to automatically be downloaded onto the iPad and would rather manage everything from iTunes on my laptop.

In my case, I've only used one email address for my account. Again, it's weird because I could (if I wanted to) download old apps and books both in iTunes and on my iPad, but not music.

9. jeffwhiskey macrumors newbie

Similar problems with the iTunes 10.3.1 Purchased iCloud beta fun stuff... I am not able to view (mac) or download (win7 pc) my old purchased music. I've been able to do it in the past but when I just tried on my MBP (10.6.8) it shows nothing available. On my office win 7 PC it shows music but when I try to 0download it it errors out with, "(err = -3259)".