iTunes importing cds, just says "Tracks" not song title.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by samrulestothema, Mar 10, 2008.

1. samrulestothema macrumors regular

Hi there,

I have been a long time user of iTunes on windows and imported cds and such fine. I have just got a mac about a month ago, bought a cd today and attempted to import it.

On my windows when i imported a cd it came up with the song names/artist/years etc. now it does not come up with that? i am still connected to the internet. it just says "Track 01" and "Artist" for all songs.

i know its not just this cd, as i went out ad bought another.then when it started to smell fishy i tried all my dads cds (well not all but enough) and none of them came up with the names.just track numbers.

Could anyone help me please?!

*dieing*

Sam

2. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Make sure you have the "retrieve cd track names from the internet" box checked under advanced importing preferences. Is this a pretty well known CD? One that you could buy at most stores?

3. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

As long as you are connected to the Internet, have iTunes set to download track information from CDDB automatically, and are using actual store-bought CDs (not crap burns from a friend who left in 2 second gaps between tracks or something) you should be fine.

I suppose you could try deleting iTunes' preferences file and seeing if you're still having a problem. Alternatively, have you tried going to the Advanced menu and retrieving track info manually?