Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
So I am not sure if i messed something up in itunes or it is something new in the itunes... but i went to import some new mp3s and they imported twice.

first they came in into their own (brand new) playlist (titled as the name of the album)... then all the songs re-imported (with a "1" appended to the file name) into the music library. the folder has both versions of the song.

so why would this be? how can i make it stop?

thanks!!!!

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Where did you acquire the MP3s? Copied from media or downloaded or ? Also, what method do you use to import them into iTunes? Drag/drop or other?

One possibility is having the Copy Files to library option...

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Got them from a friend- I trust him, he would not put a virus on them...

I importeed them from my had drive... using import folder... I always save to a "working" folder, then import into itunes from that working folder. Maybe they were in HIS playlists????

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
I wasn't thinking virus. I was thinking to rule out an automatic loader program like Amazon's which obviously isn't the case. Next, I was thinking that the files may be getting copied to iTunes' library via the option mentioned above AND you're adding them manually. Perhaps you have iTunes set to monitor your "working folder" and add tracks? If so, you could remove it and that would stop the issue. I hope this helps!

As for the playlists, maybe your friend used the export playlist function instead of copying the original files...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.