iTunes + iPhone Song Organization

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hunter x az, Dec 25, 2011.

1. hunter x az macrumors member

So... something changed in the way that iPhones handle music. I have the 4S, and I used to be able to load anything I wanted on to my phone, and then directly edit the information from selectiong the songs and then right clicking to "Get Info" and changing it to whatever I wanted.

For instances, I could grab a comp CD with 15 different artists, and then just edit the ID3 tag to "Various Artists" and then the Album name to "Album_X" and all my comps would show up under various artists in my iPod section of the iPhone, and then the albums would be listed.

Now though, no matter what I seem to do, everything is listed under original ID3 tags even if I edit them, check the boxes, etc. I have changed them all to Various Artist, or even in terms of case-mismatching, it Various artist vs. Various Artist, and NOTHING will work to keep them together. Choosing "Sort by" and everything...

I just want it to be the way it used to...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Try to edit the ID3 tags to match Album Artist, then on your iPhone go to Settings> Music> Group By Album Artist> ON

3. Power Ranger macrumors member

Haha I encountered the exact same issue just yesterday. In the end I just used Foobar and deleted all the "Album Artist" tags, and everything turned out fine after.