iTunes is being kind of dickish with my iPhone's storage right now. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HeavenlyYeti, Dec 5, 2011.

1. HeavenlyYeti macrumors member

HeavenlyYeti

[​IMG]

As you can see, itunes says that my Apps take up a whopping 4.9 GB... I only have 12 apps, max, and none of them are games. Haha, there's simply no way....

It's a real pain trying to sync new stuff onto the phone with it like this. If anyone knows how to resolve this, I'm listening :)

2. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

I don't have an answer for you. But you definitely win the most hilarious forum member award. Only reason I clicked on your thread was b/c the title was funny. Then I see your screenshot, sig, and name... Good stuff! :D

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

4. thomasanderson macrumors member

Go to settings --general--usage and look at the individual size of your apps. Some apps retain their cache on the phone. (i.e. my Rhapsody app by itself is just over 13mb, but its currently at 102mb because of albums Ive cached for offline playback). Hopefully this solves your issue.

5. Jmclark macrumors regular

Yeah, it's probably apps keeping documents and data on your phone. After about a month, my Facebook app was 250MB! So every few weeks, I'd go to usage, and delete the app and redownload it to clear all that out.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

List the apps you have. We can tell you, in pretty short order, whether that's possible or not. My guess? Yes, you have that much data in apps and app associated files.

7. MacDadd3 macrumors newbie

Hey bud, did you by any chance just sign up for iTunes Match? I noticed that when I signed up for Match my storage began to be displayed that way also. It may be a glitch with iTunes but thats just an educated guess. I figure that because your music and everything in icloud, itunes doesnt presently know how to interpret those details.

I, like you, am all about the details and it annoys the hell out of me, so i try to ignore it.

(mine is also a 16gb iphone 4s, can't attest for any larger memory sizes)

8. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

9. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

This happens to me every time I sync my iPhone to my computer. As soon as I change some sort of settings (like remove a video, add video, photos, etc) the space goes bonkers. But, it sorta regulates itself. I don't trust the iTunes indicator anymore. I think it's detecting all of the songs in your iTunes Match library, regardless if they are downloaded to your device or not. I don't have any ideas besides that.

Here's my crazy one that I ignore:
    [​IMG]