iTunes is copying music to my iPhone 4 that I don't want?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Imola Ghost, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I used to have some music on my iPhone 4 that wanted on there however I've since removed it from that playlist that goes on my iPhone. But iTunes is still copying the music to my phone even though it can't be located while in iTunes with the iPhone 4 connected.

When using the iPod feature on my iPhone 4 I can located and play songs that I don't have checked/synced or that even show up while the phone is connected.

I have one playlist called "My iPhone" and that is the only one I actually sync. The others are 7 Genius playlists that iTunes creates. Am I misunderstanding the Genius playlist and they are possibly located in those playlists?

2. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Were the genius playlist created on your computer or phone? If they were created on your computer I'll bet they snuck in there on that. Since I'm not completely familiar with how it works on the phone I'm not sure. I don't know if the genius function on the phone only works with songs you currently have or it will save it's own mixes for later.