Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
I downloaded 3 HD episodes of Battlestar Galactica from iTunes on my iPad. I then plugged my iPad into iTunes and synced across so the Episodes would be on my computer.

After syncing I noticed something weird, even though I downloaded them on the iPad. iTunes on the computer is downloading the same episodes....

Untitled-13.png

Ive checked on my list of TV episodes, and the ones from my iPad are there, but the ones still downloading are still going into the folder.

Untitled2.png

As you can see, duplicates are being made.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I think iTunes is downloading the SD versions of the TV shows. It does this to me as well and I know of no way to stop it.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
When you buy an HD video from iTunes, you actually get both SD and HD versions. It looks like when you buy them on your iPad it just downloads the HD versions and when you plug it in your computer, it will then download the corresponding SD versions. Once the downloads have completed, they will appear as a single item in iTunes with the tag HD-SD

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
When you buy an HD video from iTunes, you actually get both SD and HD versions. It looks like when you buy them on your iPad it just downloads the HD versions and when you plug it in your computer, it will then download the corresponding SD versions. Once the downloads have completed, they will appear as a single item in iTunes with the tag HD-SD

So I won't have 2 copies of each episode listed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.