iTunes Match for more than 25000 songs not workin anymore?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maxfulder, Mar 8, 2012.

1. maxfulder macrumors newbie

Hey,

so, I have been using iTunes Match in my 40000-song-strong library without any problem for the last three months. However, yesterday, iTunes told me there was an error and I should sign out and in again.
    After that iTunes Match did not work anymore, and by clicking on the iTunes Match button, I was asked to whether I would like to add this computer (which had been added before...).
    When I click yes (please add this computer), it just tells me that iTunes Match does only work with 25000 songs and I can click "OK". If I remember correctly, there was an "Ignore"-button before, which upon clicking, made it possible to add certain parts of the library to iTunes Match (which I did for around 20000 tracks).

This is really a pain in the ass. Did anyone else have the same problem? Or even better, anyone knows a workaround (and please don't tell me to build a second library with less than 25000 tracks...I know and do not like this answer).

Thanks in advance!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

iTunes Match has been advertised from day one as being limited to 25,000 songs. Even if by some fluke you were able to use it with a larger library before, it's certainly not officially supported, so it's not surprising if it starts working only as designed.
    Because you may not like the solution doesn't make it any less viable.

3. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

If what you say is true then you should think yourself lucky as you are the only person in the world who has reported being able to use Match with more than 25,000 songs in their library.

Unless you have 15,000 iTunes purchased songs of course.

4. maxfulder thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, the way it worked so far was not really using it with more than 25000 songs.
    The way it worked was that after switching on iTunes Match the status of all songs switched to "Exceeded Limit" but I could select songs and "Add to iCloud".
    Was I seriously the only one using it like this?

5. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

Pretty well, yes.

However, I have a suspicion as to how it may have happened.

If you go over the limit after you have subscribed then you get that "exceeded limit" description. Maybe you had less that 25,000 tracks when subscribing and then added them. If so then that would work.

However, as you have discovered, it won't let you turn match back on.

I suspect that if you deleted 15,000 songs and turned it on then you could add those songs back again to get back to where you were.

You would have to do the same thing again if ever you needed to sign out again though.

6. maxfulder thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, 40000 tracks from the beginning...and the same library on three different machines (funny thing, it still works on the two other machines).

Bummer...Apple, please take $50 from me, and double the number of allowed songs ;)