iTunes Match: How to download "grayed" out songs on another computer? IMAGES

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by MacintoshMan, Jul 2, 2012.

1. MacintoshMan, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2012

MacintoshMan macrumors regular

I am confused about how iTunes match works. I payed for the service because I thought I would be able to download the music on there accross all my devices. So far it has only worked on my iPad, and iPhone and it has been great there. Where I have run into a problem is on my Windows laptop.

In iTunes there seems to be overlapping of music between my desktop and laptop. For example, I just got the soundtrack to sucker punch. I ripped the cd into iTunes on my desktop, it uploaded to iCloud and showed up on my mobile devices, but my windows laptop iTunes looks like this.

[​IMG]

Does anyone know how to fix this? I want to download the grayed out songs.

----------

Great, now after the iTunes update I can no longer import songs ive downloaded from alternate sources online like beatport. I double click the mp3, itunes opens and it doesnt play or import.

is itunes match really such an enigma that no one knows whats wrong

2. ZeRoLiMiT macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

that means itunes match didn't complete the match from the original computer. Its happened to me before

3. MacintoshMan thread starter macrumors regular

so what do i do? why can't there be detailed error messages...

4. MacintoshMan thread starter macrumors regular

Does anyone know how to rematch iTunes match? How to I figure out what computer is the main machine?