iTunes Match reverts my compilation edits, so album doesn't show in Artists view

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by omgwut, Dec 29, 2011.

1. omgwut, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011

omgwut macrumors 6502

Hello,

I'm having a little problem here, and I'm sure there's a workaround but I can't figure it out. I ripped the CD ''Heligoland'' by Massive Attack to my iTunes library and matched it to iCloud, but when I go to stream it from my iPhone's Music app Massive Attack doesn't show up in the Artists view, not under M or any other title; the album only appears in the Albums view. I figured out this is likely because the album is tagged in iTunes as a compilation and is the only album listed under the Compilations category in the Music app, and so I want to fix that.

However, when I open iTunes and right click the album, click Get Info, Options and uncheck the ''part of a compilation'' box, click OK and then update iTunes Match, the changes don't save. The compilation box rechecks itself as soon as iTunes Match updates. I uncheck it, it does it again. Deleting and ripping the album again does nothing. Why is it reverting my changes and how do I stop it?

Gracenote does initially tag the CD as a compilation when its first ripped because there's a different guest singer on each track, so the artist on each track is tagged as ''Massive Attack featuring (guest name)''. I changed that so the artist is just Massive Attack, but its still overriding my changes whenever I uncheck it as a compilation. WTF?

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate your help immensely. Thanks!

2. omgwut thread starter macrumors 6502

3. beerad1128 macrumors newbie

What firmware are you on? I was having the same exact problem on 5.0 then I updated to 5.0.1 and went and unchecked all my compilations again and this time it worked. They are still listed under compilations on my iPhone but I don't care cause it also shows the artists under artists view which is what I wanted.

4. salko macrumors newbie