iTunes Match screwed up!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skate71290, Mar 3, 2012.

1. skate71290 macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone, just wanted to ask if anyone else is experienced serious problems with the bag of hurt that is iTunes Match? when it works it seems to be really good, but now, it just will not upload the last 3000 songs, and for some stupid reason, most of them that have been uploaded and delete locally, or grayed out and can't be redownloaded?!?! Anyone got a solution, i have turned off iTunes Match on all devices and on my mac and tried again, still no fix, and also leaving iTunes Match off on everything is a pretty pointless solution! Thanks, skate71290

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Sort em by Cloud status in iTunes and it will usually tell you why it can't upload. I know I had a couple of tracks that had to be converted because iTunes didn't like the format of the track. I agree iTunes Match is extremely hit or miss.

3. skate71290 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the reply, but that isn't it. Before i started using iTunes Match i converted everything to 128kbps AAC, and the freezes and restarts are random, i'm going to ask for a refund because it has just made everything 100 times worse....

4. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

i wrestled with getting iTunes match or not. Really glad I didn't. It seems many people are having issues with it and not satisified.

5. skate71290 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know, i was so excited when it was first announced, i would advise that you save your £21.99 ($25)

6. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I just used the match to get the higher bit rate songs. That is the point for me so mine is off majority of the time.

Show the column that allows y ou to see the match status. What does it say? Does the song say matched? If you delete it locally, then it should let you download. Check that the file that itunes is referencing is actually gone and deleted in the trash.

7. skate71290 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's one of my biggest issues, i deleted loads of files locally (thankfully had them backed up on my Time Capsule) and they were matched but they cannot be re-downloaded, i can see them with a download icon and status is matched, but they don't do anything! :(

8. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

People are having issues because they don't know how to use it. For my purposes it was entirely worth it. It converted a library of 8,000 songs to 256 kbps. Was monumental in my library overhaul.

----------

You see a cloud with an arrow?

I would see that as an itunes error. I have never experienced that and I combed through 20,000 songs.

9. skate71290 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's an Apple product/service.... should it be rocket science? Click Start, everything should match/upload and boom everything should be available on up to 10 devices...

10. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Does this happen on your other computers? The nonclicking icloud download button?

FYI - just because it's an apple product/service doesnt mean it will be perfect out the gate.

i.e. iphone 4 antenna gate, imac screen yellowing, ipod nano battery, macbook air hinges

11. skate71290 thread starter macrumors 6502a

no as in the download icon... it's uploaded but grey

----------

On my iOS devices, the songs don't even show up... and according to iCloud i have 25k songs in my cloud... yet only have ever had around 10k

12. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

What does it say about the status?

Error?
    Waiting?
    Matched?
    Uploaded?

Screen shots please. Would help clarify a lot more.