iTunes messes up how much space left on iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by timotay89, Dec 17, 2011.

1. timotay89 macrumors regular

I have a 32GB iPhone 4s. iTunes can't seem to keep straight how much space is left on it. It's been happening a lot, but here's an example:

I just synced my iPhone with my computer both wirelessly and then with the cable. Then I go through the apps (on iTunes) and delete some of them. When I've selected the ones I don't want on the iPhone any more, it says I have 10+ GB of free space. This is after the thing at the bottom recalculates for the deselected apps. Then I sync, and it says I have 7.7 GB left in free space.

This happens a lot, the amount of free space I have changes by a couple of GB. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

It's been discussed here many times. I'm too lazy to keep typing.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I clearly don't have 6Gb left, but thats what iTunes says

[​IMG]

But for some reason my phone says the same thing...

[​IMG]

(the song and video count is off because I have iTunes Match enabled)

4. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Is there a way to know how much space only your box checked songs in itunes have?

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

That clearly beats my issue. On my iPhone it says I have 2.1GB of free space, whereas iTunes says I am 110GB over my capacity.

6. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

That's hysterical!

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I don't remember having this issue until I got iTunes Match enabled this week, I wonder if is related or just a coincidence in timing.

8. timotay89 thread starter macrumors regular

But clearly still not lazy enough to post and say that you won't help. That's been helpful, thanks.

My issue is not that it shows up differently on iTunes and my iPhone, it's that it changes on iTunes. The phone itself always shows a few GB less, but sometimes iTunes does and sometimes it doesn't.

Do other people have this problem too?

9. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Soft reset + resync fixes this issue for me. Not sure what causes this issue but since it is fixable I really do not care.