iTunes Movie Rental Download and Playing Question ?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by augustya, Aug 5, 2019.

1. augustya macrumors 68030

augustya

If I download (Rent) a movie from itunes on a PC but If I wanna watch it on an iPad will I have to download the movie seperately again on the device I wannna watch in this case the iPad ?

2. mikzn macrumors 65816

mikzn

I never bother with the download - just stream the movies from itunes - unless I am going to be on a plane or somewhere without a wifi connect

Ussually if I switch from another device to iPad it picks up where it was on the last device and no need to start over.

If it is a rental - the download won't be good for very long anyway

3. augustya thread starter macrumors 68030

augustya

I don't have good speed internet to stream it ! It just keeps buffering !!

4. mikzn macrumors 65816

mikzn

:(, well you can download in the TV app library - just click the cloud / download icon

5. augustya thread starter macrumors 68030

augustya

But that is what my question is, if I download it once in PC but I wanna watch it in iPad Do I nee to download again on the iPad ??

6. mikzn macrumors 65816

mikzn

I don't think there is any way to transfer an apple movie file from iTunes to the iPad - I might be wrong perhaps someone else here knows if it is possible

Probably your best best option is to download the lower res version if the connection is slow

7. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Generally the drm protected items get downloaded in a way that can’t be transferred across devices. I’m afraid a new download needs to be initiated.