Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sseelman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Hi: This may be typically off-topic in this forum, but I posted here to specifically elicit feedback from those who now have 2.0 (e.g. some iPhone users). I believe that the iTunes rental viewing period was extended to 48 hours in some other countries. Has anyone seen anything changed for the US? 24 hours is so short. 48 hours is more reasonable.

Anyway, i would appreciate any feedback that you might have.

Sam

reckless2k2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
i doubt it will change because it would mean quite a bit of administration and compliance per State if they exceed 24 hour use. Taxation laws by State would deem it a taxable transaction further burdening compliance for Apple. I think they want to stay away from it. At least this is the rule for the US. Obviously, this does not apply to other countries.

you can tell I'm a tax guy. haha.

either way, it would cost Apple a lot more money to exceed the 24 hour limit. i actually don't think they actually can for digitally transmitted content. either that or it changes the definition for taxability purposes.

sorry....nerding out on taxes.

so black or white iphone? haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.