Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

trailers.png
Apple today update its iTunes Movie Trailers app to version 1.4, adding several new features to the app that provides users with an array of HD movie previews and clips.

The app now includes a Favorites feature that notifies users with a push notification when a movie debuts in theaters or becomes available in the iTunes Store, and full critic reviews from popular site Rotten Tomatoes are now included for movies that are in theaters. Previously, the app displayed only aggregate scores.

Links to movie trailers can be shared using AirDrop, and the app has also gained bug fixes and performance enhancements.
What's New in Version 1.4
This update includes the following improvements:

- Add a movie to Favorites to be notified when it debuts in theaters or becomes available in the iTunes Store
- Read critic reviews provided by Rotten Tomatoes for movies that are in theaters, right from the app
- Share links to your favorite movie trailers using AirDrop
- Additional bug fixes and performance improvements
iTunes Movie Trailers can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Apple Updates 'iTunes Movie Trailers' App With Full Critic Reviews, Favorites Notifications

Lapidus

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
Weird that this app isn't available in my region in the App Store but it does appear in the Apple TV menu.

jimthing

macrumors 68000
Apr 6, 2011
is this actually available in europe yet?

True. Not here in the UK, even though we speak the same language, so presume it must be a licensing issue of some kind.

IMDB integration? Yes we have Rotten Tomatoes for those that may want to use that, but IMDB is the site for film & TV information, yet it has no integrations with with Apple's app offering.

Again, being "an Amazon company" answers that one I suppose, but nonetheless it's still a flaw that Apple cannot seemingly fix.

I dunno about other users around here, but I just use the IMDB app on my phone/pad to search the item I want, and get not only the trailer but also much more detailed info about the film/programme anyway along with forums per item, AND importantly I can very easily add items to lists I have created "To see", "Seen", "Favourites", etc. – so Apple's Trailer app has missed the boat by a mile as far as I'm concerned.

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
Before this new version was released, about a week or two ago, I tried to give Apple my feedback concerning the lack of availability of this app in the UK.

I couldn't find anywhere suitable to enter that feedback - all of the links and forms are too specific - and in the end I speculatively emailed some comments (asking why it wasn't available in the UK; especially odd as it is on Apple TV in the UK, as well as please could it be made available) to feedback@apple.com.

My email bounced.

Does anyone else have any idea how we're supposed to make :apple: aware that there is demand for this app in the UK (short of asking Jony Ive nicely next time he's back home for a visit! / hoping that Apple interns are tasked with surfing the MR forums)? :confused:

flottenheimer

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2008
Up north

ffmed124

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2012
Ohio
Kind of reminds me of Front Row that used to be a part of the operating system on Mac. Wished it was still available, I really enjoyed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.