iTunes Movies Won't Playback Anymore, Just a Black Screen

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by phelsuma88, Jan 31, 2010.

1. phelsuma88 macrumors newbie

It seems a whole section of my 350+ movies in my iTunes have all of a sudden stopped playing back. These are movies that played back perfectly just a few days ago but now only display a black screen with the timeline ticking away as if it was playing. All these movies were ripped from DVD's and converted using Handbrake.

Has this happened to anyone else? I think its some type of file corruption but I can't imagine what caused it. What makes it strange is that it only happened to a section of movies and not one common trait can be found among them.

I've done a bit of googling and mroogling and haven't been able to find a solution let alone another user have the same problem.

Any ideas? I have all the video_ts folders backed up so I just need to encode them again, but I would like to prevent this from happening again. Thanks for any replies.

2. twinte3 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem and did the exact same process as you. It seems to have effected my latest ones, maybe the last 2 weeks or so, and like you, trying to find something online to help me figure it out.