iTunes no longer fetches album art from foreign iTunes stores

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kisskisskiss, Nov 4, 2008.

1. kisskisskiss macrumors newbie

I haven't been able to retrieve album art for the iTunes store for albums that aren't available in the US iTunes store for a few days, so I sent in a support request and got this reply:

Now, I can't tell if I got an incompetent support staffer or if this is actually a planned change in the way the iTunes store works, but if this is true I'm really disappointed. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

2. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

I've been able to download artwork from foreign stores but I can't say for sure the last time it happened.

3. kisskisskiss thread starter macrumors newbie

Bumped as I just received another email from the same customer support person. Apparently this is an intentional change. I can't say I understand why.

Is anyone still able to download artwork from foreign iTunes stores?

4. granbajo macrumors newbie

It explains why I haven't been able to get some artwork recently. Anyway, adding it from other websites is relatively straightforward... just select all the songs and do ⌘-I or Ctrl-I depending on your platform and just drag it from a website. I usually do it from amazon.com, discogs of even the wikipedia. I look for the best one and do it.

5. kisskisskiss thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I know… I just liked the high-res iTunes art, and, you know, the ease of it all. Plus I liked not having the art embedded in the file itself- I know it doesn't matter now but I liked the idea that I was keeping my files bloat-free. Mostly I liked the better quality of the art downloaded from the iTunes store, though.

The last email I got from the iTunes support staff (after getting a ton of store credits I didn't want- don't give me free stuff, iTunes! it's nice but it's NOT what I want) told me:

"Until they get this sorted, go to Gracenote."

I'm hoping they're actually going to, well, get it sorted. Gracenote doesn't have half the stuff iTunes does.