iTunes old movie rental always downloads

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bigmikeyp, Jun 22, 2010.

1. bigmikeyp macrumors regular

bigmikeyp

Hey everybody.

I am having an issue with iTunes (9.2) and a movie that I rented from the iTunes Store.

Around a month I go I rented 'Borstal Boy' when it was the 99p Film of the Week. I then transfered this to my iPad to watch on the train, which I did. I have obviously synced back after this.

Now everytime I download an app, or podcast etc, 'Borstal Boy' is automatically added to my download list and starts to re-download (1.08GB). If I cancel the download it automatically adds itself back into the list next time I download anything else. If I leave it to download and try to play it (to force it to recognise that it has been watched), it asks me to confirm that I accept I have 48 hours to watch it once it starts, then it says that "it is authorised to play on another computer or device". If I delete this, it will then just try and re-download.

Does anybody have any suggestions or remedies to stop this from constantly trying to download? I've watched the film, and don't want it anymore.

Regards

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You have to contact iTunes Store support via email and have them clear your download queue.

3. bigmikeyp thread starter macrumors regular

bigmikeyp