iTunes played music stops & jumps to the next song

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by photosmike, Jan 21, 2014.

1. photosmike macrumors member

I have my iTunes Library and all of my music in an external hard drive. The music frequently stops or jumps to the next song.

The console messages are:

USBF: 838.898 AppleUSBEHCI::Found a transaction past the completion deadline on bus 0x24, timing out! (Addr: 4, EP: 1)

USBF: 1029. 67 AppleUSBEHCI::Found a transaction past the completion deadline on bus 0x24, timing out! (Addr: 4, EP: 1)

These messages indicate a problem with the external hard drive but, what? I have repaired the disk, switched USB cables & switched ports at the iMac. When the music plays the sound is normal.

Anyone else experience this or have any thoughts as what is happening?

Thanks,

Mike

2. Chung123 macrumors regular

Chung123

Does this happen to all songs? Or just a few?

I noticed this issue with a couple of songs on my Mac--I recently migrated the library to another hard drive. When a song skips before the end, I try to play the song back again and it would jump at the exact same spot. Strange.

I thought the file itself had gotten corrupt or had something to do with Start and Stop play times in the song info window.

Here's the funny thing: If I right click the song "Show in Finder" and then I duplicate the song file itself, the copy plays perfectly. I re-added the copied song to the library and tossed out the "corrupt" file.

I'm not sure if it applies to your situation. It was iTunes 11.1.3 ? (Right before the recent update) on Mavericks.