iTunes purchased music and video recovery?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AppleToApples, Jan 14, 2011.

1. AppleToApples macrumors newbie

So I have a question...
    A while back my Macbook was stolen :(.... I had some purchased music in my Macbook and some free videos that i got from iTunes, but unfortunately now those music videos aren't free any more...
    I just bought an iMac and want to see if i can get my purchased history back?
    I don't want to have to buy the music again because that just retarted........ I already purchased it back then so why should i purchase it again right......
    I still have the same account information as far as the apple ID i used back then .....
    sorry if my english is sloppy.....:confused:

2. Aidoneus macrumors 6502

3. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Unfortunately Apple doesn't normally allow customers to download purchased music or videos again.

They might allow you to download some or all of the content again if you explain what happened to them via email:

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact.html

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I've known a few others that this has happened to, if you dont have a backup, as the previous poster said contact iTunes (I would call), explain the situation, and in this circumstance, they will usually make the content available for download again. Good Luck...I'm sure that I dont have to tell you this, but its a good idea to back up your data, even if you just burn you library to a DVD.

5. ted fitzgerald macrumors newbie

video files recovery

hi, am new to the threads games, experienced mac and video pewrson tho!...lost a lot of files recently...have tried several software recovery apps, but they are not good at all...biggest common prob seems to be...error message via quicktime...'this is not a movie file'...this even tho the files are of appeciable size, between 50mb and 1.8gb...its driving me bonkers...any thoughts anyone please...am at end of tether here...

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I think that you would have mush better luck if you started a new thread, that way a lot more people will see it.