Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcharmx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2002
New York
When using iTunes radio yesterday, I noticed my list of catagories had more than doubled. :eek: One of of the new catagories was sports. There was also a new feature that allowed you to search for radio streams. Well, today, my radio list is back to the way it was before. Guess it was just a sneak peek. Now, I wish I had taken a little time to play with it yesterday.

bcharmx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2002
New York
This was back on Christmas Eve. I was hoping I wasn't the only person who saw this, but apparently I am since no one else has replied. Guess no one else was using the radio streams in iTunes that day besides me.

bcharmx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2002
New York
Happened Again

It happened again. I took a desktop picture this time. :) The new catagories are kind of buggy though.

Geronimo

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2002
Nashville
Hope it's coming soon!

Wow, that's pretty cool! Thanks for posting the screen shot. I've noticed that the number of radio streams available in the categories I occasionally listen to have declined over the past several months. Hopefully Apple is doing something to increase our streaming listening choices in iTunes.

I've thought for awhile now that a nice addition to .mac would be 50 or so high quality (128 kbps streaming AAC) commercial-free "radio" stations that could be accessed through iTunes. Maybe Apple could cut a deal with XM Satellite Radio or Music Choice (provides this service for DirecTV, I think) to just stream their programming. Of course, this would be in addition to whatever freely available streaming internet broadcasts Apple could find to include in iTunes, as they already do.

idkew

macrumors 68020
Re: Hope it's coming soon!

Originally posted by Geronimo
Wow, that's pretty cool! Thanks for posting the screen shot. I've noticed that the number of radio streams available in the categories I occasionally listen to have declined over the past several months. Hopefully Apple is doing something to increase our streaming listening choices in iTunes.

I've thought for awhile now that a nice addition to .mac would be 50 or so high quality (128 kbps streaming AAC) commercial-free "radio" stations that could be accessed through iTunes. Maybe Apple could cut a deal with XM Satellite Radio or Music Choice (provides this service for DirecTV, I think) to just stream their programming. Of course, this would be in addition to whatever freely available streaming internet broadcasts Apple could find to include in iTunes, as they already do.

the reason that internet boradcasts have declined is because the fed's are trying to charge ungodly amounts for playing music online. people are forced to pay upwards of 25¢ per song, per user in some cases, which obviously is recockulous. do a search on google and learn more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.