ITunes rejects my credit cards and is unclear about when I can use them again

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iJemz, Dec 17, 2013.

1. iJemz macrumors newbie

ITunes rejects my credit cards and is unclear about when I can use them again.

I had some problems with it over the last 3 weeks.
    So iTunes blocked any attempt at adding credit cards.

Help desk says it cannot know when the service will be available to me again.

Anyone know how long it takes for me to give apple more money?

I've tried all the things online, updated addresses across all devices and online accounts. Nothing nothing nothing works.
    And now Apple support has stopped answering my emails.
    (I made a sarcastic remark about the billing system being like Hal from 2001 space odyssey. No iHumour these support people.)

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

My guess would be that the time will depend on what "problems" you had.

I would also suggest that being a wise guy with them, rather than polite and reasonable, will not speed up the process.

3. Imac Sam macrumors 6502

Imac Sam

Just got to your local pharmacy or electronics store and just buy some itunes gift cards. Then use those for your purchases. Easier and safer than providing your credit card number.

4. OLDCODGER macrumors 6502a

5. mpantone macrumors 6502

Actually, the superior way is to buy discounted iTunes cards. I believe BestBuy.com currently has the $100 iTunes gift card for $85 (free shipping). That's free money.

eBay retailer Gift Card Mall also had discounted iTunes cards during the Black Friday shopping period; don't know if those are still available (they had $50 gift cards for $40, free shipping).

While it's convenient to have a credit card associated with your Apple ID/iTunes store account, it actually makes far more sense to use discounted refills. And the store credit doesn't expire.

I also find that iTunes store credit acts like a budget, because I can see how much is left. With an account linked to a charge card, it's harder to tell how much you've spent, there's no daily visual reminder.