iTunes Remote App - Everytime I open it's ""connecting to library" for 4 seconds

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by qwimjim, Mar 26, 2012.

1. qwimjim macrumors regular

Does anyone know how to fix this? I had an iTunes remote app on my android, when I opened it to pause a song or skip to the next song, it opened instantly. Yet with my iPhone, and the official made by Apple app, everytime I re-enter the app I have to wait 4 seconds for it while it "connects to library". How the heck to I keep it connected so it doesn't do this? It's a real pain in the neck.

2. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

It's annoying, but you can't do anything about it. It's just the way the app was designed to interface with your other device.

3. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I tried using it last month and gave up because of this. It's like the app doesn't stay connected when you sleep the phone which it likely does't since it's sleeping. I think we would have to keep the phone turned on to stop this.

4. qwimjim thread starter macrumors regular

it makes no sense, enter the app, play a song, press the home button and re-enter the app immediately.. it still does the "connecting to.." delay. it has nothing to do with the phone sleeping. i saw somewhere that if you jailbreak your phone and run backgrounder to keep the app always running it may solve the problem but i can't test as i'm running 5.1