iTunes says Removing apps but I removed from phone - 3 hr backup!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by meagain, Aug 14, 2008.

1. meagain macrumors 68030

In an effort to try to solve my 2.5-3 hour backup situation, I removed a ton of apps from my iTunes checklist. I physically removed each one from the phone also.

I plug it in to sync and it's removing the apps again! Why? They were deleted from the phone. Each app iTunes thinks its removing takes about 10 minutes to remove.

I don't know if my problem is based on iTunes or the iPhone. I called AppleCare and the guy never heard of the LONG backup issue. Does this sound like an iPhone or iTunes issue? I've restored before already.

2. aimfire macrumors regular

aimfire

I've been having problems with this for 3 days now and ready to throw the damn thing out the window.

I've tried downgrading to iTunes 7.7 and that worked for about a day.
    In addition to the 3-hour backups, my phone is now crashing on every sync. Seems to happen only when removing or installing a new app. First the iphone crashes, which then causes iTunes to hang and eventually crash with the beachball of death.

It's hard to say what exactly the problem is, especially since iTunes 7.7.1 and firmware 2.0.1 both came out around the same time. I thought it was iTunes at first, but now after the "downgrade" to 7.7 and still having problems... I'm not so sure... I'm starting to think it may have more to do with 2.0.1 and the file system just getting corrupted after a certain amount of install/uninstalls...

Either way, I'm taking this thing back next week... sick of wasting HOURS trying to fix this thing, I'd rather start fresh with a whole new phone. :mad: